Archos 605 Wifi (4GB) Firmware 1.8.03 Publisher's description
Archos 605 Wifi (4GB) Firmware 1.8.03
* Web: Smoother mouse movement on TV
* Games: Allow sound output in Playin'TV Games and in Flash when audio mode is set to SPDIF
* Recorder: Allow sound preview when audio mode is set to SPDIF
* Improved Dutch translations
* Added a virtual keyboard for Greek
* Video: Fix compatibility with files encoded using FairUse
* Audio/Video: Fixed compatibility with some .m4a and .mp4 files
* UPnP: Fixed compatibility with Mediamax server
* System: Fixed Hard Drive that would sometimes keep spinning in standby mode
Firmware Update Instructions:
Step 1. Download the firmware to your computer
When you download this, your browser may warn you that the file 'could be harmful'. This is normal because browsers are not familiar with files that have a .AOS extension and suspect that they could be malicious. These files are not harmful to your computer.
Step 2. Turn on your ARCHOS device and connect it to your computer with the USB cable
Step 3. Wait a few seconds for device detection
Step 4. Copy and paste the downloaded firmware (.AOS file) to the "root" of your ARCHOS device.
In "Hard Drive" mode, ( E: for example ) put the update file directly onto the ARCHOS icon.
Step 5. Disconnect the Device
Use the "safe disconnect" green arrow icon in the system tray before unplugging the USB cable.
Step 6. On your ARCHOS device, click on "Update Firmware"
From the main ARCHOS menu, click on "setup" or "settings", then click on the "System" icon, and finally highlight and click on the "Update Firmware" button.
It is highly recommended to always use the most recent driver version available.
Do not forget to check with our site as often as possible in order to stay updated on the latest drivers, software and games.
Try to set a system restore point before installing a device driver. This will help if you installed a wrong driver. Problems can arise when your hardware device is too old or not supported any longer.