Archos 605 Wifi (4GB) Firmware 1.7.06 Publisher's description
Archos 605 Wifi (4GB) Firmware 1.7.06
* Opera Widgets support
* Playin'Tv Games support
* Parental Control on files or folders (see Settings>Parental Control)
* Video Player: Play subsequent VOB files together as one file
* Video Player: Support for AC-3 in MPEG-TS
* TV Program Guide: Support longer descriptive text
* Video Recorder: Increased maximum number of possible consecutive recordings from 9 to 99 files
* USB Host: External device content is now accessible from the Video, Audio and Photo browsers
* USB Host: Allow copying files from a NTFS hard drive
* Video Browser: Filename in info window sometimes not consistent with name in browser (MTP)
* Video Player: Fixed issues with some MP4 files
* Video Recorder: Sometimes recording was done at double speed
* Recorder/Scheduler: Stopping the recording during pre-record preview did not delete the scheduled program
* File Browser: Content not updated when swapping two USB devices
* Automatic Time Setting: Synchronization sometimes failed
* Fixed booting in recovery mode when certain SD cards are in slot on reboot
Step 1. Download the firmware to your computer
When you download this, your browser may warn you that the file 'could be harmful'. This is normal because browsers are not familiar with files that have a .AOS extension and suspect that they could be malicious. These files are not harmful to your computer.
Step 2. Turn on your ARCHOS device and connect it to your computer with the USB cable
Step 3. Wait a few seconds for device detection
Step 4. Copy and paste the downloaded firmware (.AOS file) to the "root" of your ARCHOS device.
In "Hard Drive" mode, ( E: for example ) put the update file directly onto the ARCHOS icon.
Step 5. Disconnect the Device
Use the "safe disconnect" green arrow icon in the system tray before unplugging the USB cable.
Step 6. On your ARCHOS device, click on "Update Firmware"
From the main ARCHOS menu, click on "setup" or "settings", then click on the "System" icon, and finally highlight and click on the "Update Firmware" button.
It is highly recommended to always use the most recent driver version available.
Do not forget to check with our site as often as possible in order to stay updated on the latest drivers, software and games.
Try to set a system restore point before installing a device driver. This will help if you installed a wrong driver. Problems can arise when your hardware device is too old or not supported any longer.