Dell XPS/Dimension 700 BIOS 1.4.1 Publisher's description
Dell XPS/Dimension 700 BIOS 1.4.1
Fixes and Enhancements
- Fixed CMOS clear after AC and Battery loss.
- Microcode updates.
- Added support for new processors.
- Fixed system hang with certain processors.
- Fix for some USB devices.
- Restore the 1394 GUID after a S3 resume.
- New RAID ROM 9.83
- Fixed an issue with the NIC being disabled during POST.
- Updated the expansion ROM Bar allocation code.
- Removed the code that reinitializes the processor thread count.
- Update to the EPP memory support.
- Improvements to the s3 resume times.
- Improved SATA Drive detection.
- Updates to the PCIE configuration code.
- Update to our internal USB diagnostics calling routine.
- Update to our memory voltage option used by ntune.
Installation Instructions for the Universal (Windows/ DOS) format
1. Download file to Desktop
2. Use one of the methods below to flash the Bios.
* Run the BIOS update utility from Windows environment
* Run the BIOS update utility from DOS environment (Non-Windows users)
Download file to Desktop
The file DXG061-010401A.EXE is using the Universal (Windows/ DOS) format and is designed to be directly executed from Windows environment.
1. Click Download now.
The File Download window appears.
2. Click the Save button.
The Save As window appears.
3. Select Desktop using the drop-down menu to the right of Save in.
4. Click the Save button.
A progress meter moves as the download is completed.
5. If necessary, click X in the upper right-hand corner of the Download Progress Window to close it upon completion.
NOTE: Shut down all other applications prior to running the BIOS update utility. The update utility reboots your system in order to get the new BIOS loaded.
Run the BIOS update utility from Windows environment
1. Double click the Icon on your desktop labeled DXG061-010401A.EXE.
The Dell BIOS Flash window appears
2. Click the Continue button.
The message Pressing OK will close all applications, shut down Windows, Flash the BIOS, then reboot. appears.
3. Click the OK button.
The system will restart and the BIOS Flash will be completed.
Run the BIOS update utility from DOS environment (Non-Windows users)
NOTE: You will need to provide a bootable DOS diskette. This executable file does not create the DOS system files.
1. Copy the file DXG061-010401A.EXE to a bootable floppy.
2. Boot from the floppy to the DOS prompt.
3. Run the file by typing Y:DXG061-010401A.EXE (where y is the drive letter where the executable is located).
It is highly recommended to always use the most recent driver version available.
Do not forget to check with our site as often as possible in order to stay updated on the latest drivers, software and games.
Try to set a system restore point before installing a device driver. This will help if you installed a wrong driver. Problems can arise when your hardware device is too old or not supported any longer.