Dell Precision WorkStation 390 System BIOS 1.0.3 for Linux Publisher's description
Dell Precision WorkStation 390 System BIOS 1.0.3 for Linux
Level of Importance: Optional
Dell recommends the customer review specifics about the update to determine if it applies to your system. The update contains changes that impact only certain configurations, or provides new features that may/may not apply to your environment.
Installation Instructions for Linux
1. If not already logged in as root, change user ID to root.
2. At the shell, switch to run level 1 by executing "init 1".
3. Make the update program executable by executing "chmod u+x update_program_name".
4. Run the update by executing "./update_program_name" from the shell.
5. Follow the remaining prompts to perform the update.
6. For help, type "./update_program_name --help" at the shell prompt.
Installation Instructions for the Universal (Windows/ DOS) format
1. Download file to Desktop
2. Use one of the methods below to flash the Bios.
* Run the BIOS update utility from Windows environment
* Run the BIOS update utility from DOS environment (Non-Windows users)
Download file to Desktop
The file WS390-010003.EXE is using the Universal (Windows/ DOS) format and is designed to be directly executed from Windows environment.
1. Click Download now.
The File Download window appears.
2. Click the Save button.
The Save As window appears.
3. Select Desktop using the drop-down menu to the right of Save in.
4. Click the Save button.
A progress meter moves as the download is completed.
5. If necessary, click X in the upper right-hand corner of the Download Progress Window to close it upon completion.
NOTE: Shut down all other applications prior to running the BIOS update utility. The update utility reboots your system in order to get the new BIOS loaded.
Run the BIOS update utility from Windows environment
1. Double click the Icon on your desktop labeled WS390-010003.EXE.
The Dell BIOS Flash window appears
2. Click the Continue button.
The message Pressing OK will close all applications, shut down Windows, Flash the BIOS, then reboot. appears.
3. Click the OK button.
The system will restart and the BIOS Flash will be completed.
Run the BIOS update utility from DOS environment (Non-Windows users)
NOTE: You will need to provide a bootable DOS diskette. This executable file does not create the DOS system files.
1. Copy the file WS390-010003.EXE to a bootable floppy.
2. Boot from the floppy to the DOS prompt.
3. Run the file by typing Y:WS390-010003.EXE (where y is the drive letter where the executable is located).
It is highly recommended to always use the most recent driver version available.
Do not forget to check with our site as often as possible in order to stay updated on the latest drivers, software and games.
Try to set a system restore point before installing a device driver. This will help if you installed a wrong driver. Problems can arise when your hardware device is too old or not supported any longer.