Dell Precision WorkStation 380 System BIOS A08 for Linux Publisher's description
Dell Precision WorkStation 380 System BIOS A08 for Linux
Level of Importance: Optional
Dell recommends the customer review specifics about the update to determine if it applies to your system. The update contains changes that impact only certain configurations, or provides new features that may/may not apply to your environment.
Fixes and Enhancements
1. Improve CMOS checksum function.
2. Add support for newer processor steppings.
3. Improve PCIE not fatal error reporting.
4. Improve drive password feature.
5. Fix processor logo detection.
6. Update PXE/RPL to 9.4.4.
7. Update verb tables in preparation for Vista.
8. Improve USB keyboard detach functionality.
9.Improve PME status reporting.
10.Improve system stability when no boot device is available.
Installation Instructions for the Universal (Windows/ DOS) format
1. Download file to Desktop
2. Use one of the methods below to flash the Bios.
* Run the BIOS update utility from Windows environment
* Run the BIOS update utility from DOS environment (Non-Windows users)
Download file to Desktop
The file WS380A08.EXE is using the Universal (Windows/ DOS) format and is designed to be directly executed from Windows environment.
1. Click Download now.
The File Download window appears.
2. Click the Save button.
The Save As window appears.
3. Select Desktop using the drop-down menu to the right of Save in.
4. Click the Save button.
A progress meter moves as the download is completed.
5. If necessary, click X in the upper right-hand corner of the Download Progress Window to close it upon completion.
NOTE: Shut down all other applications prior to running the BIOS update utility. The update utility reboots your system in order to get the new BIOS loaded.
It is highly recommended to always use the most recent driver version available.
Do not forget to check with our site as often as possible in order to stay updated on the latest drivers, software and games.
Try to set a system restore point before installing a device driver. This will help if you installed a wrong driver. Problems can arise when your hardware device is too old or not supported any longer.