Dell OptiPlex GX280 System BIOS A03 Publisher's description
Dell OptiPlex GX280 System BIOS A03
Level of Importance: Urgent
Dell highly recommends applying this update as soon as possible. The update contains changes to improve the reliability and availability of your Dell system.
Fixes and Enhancements
The following changes have been made to BIOS rev A00 to create A03:
1. Fixed possible Windows 2000 s3 standby long resume time.
2. Fixed potential incorrect video memory speed reporting for integrated video.
3. Add support for new firmware hubs.
4. Improved keyboard test when booting from Hibernate.
5. Added Front USB port(s) Disable option in System Setup.
6. Updated Utility Partition code.
7. Updated Memory Reference Code to version 1.20.
8. Fixed potential hang with multi-function PCI-E cards.
9. Added support for new Pentium 4 processors.
10. Prevent false MCE errors from causing "bad CPU" error in POST.
11. Fixed potential hang issue with PCE-E graphics cards.
12. Fix the Performance Processor detection/enabling.
13. Modified SATA HDD text strings in event log and POST messages.
14. Added keypad number key checking for BIOS flash password.
15. Fixed issue where floppy drive would disappear in the OS if system was
booted from the Dell Resource CD.
16. Fix to the native HD ISR.
17. Updated Hotkey processing.
18. Disable /Enable PCI transaction timeout timer for slow cards.
Installation Instructions for the Universal (Windows/MS DOS) format
1. Download file to Desktop
2. Use one of the methods below to flash the Bios.
* Run the BIOS update utility from Windows environment
* Run the BIOS update utility from MS DOS environment (Non-Windows users)
Download file to Desktop
The file GX280A03.EXE is using the Universal (Windows/MS DOS) format and is designed to be directly executed from Windows environment.
1. Click Download now.
The Export Compliance Agreement appears.
2. Read the Export Compliance Agreement.
3. If you agree, click to select I agree..
The File Download window appears.
4. Click the Save button.
The Save As window appears.
5. Select Desktop using the drop-down menu to the right of Save in.
6. Click the Save button.
A progress meter moves as the download is completed.
7. If necessary, click X in the upper right-hand corner of the Download Progress Window to close it upon completion.
NOTE:Shut down all other applications prior to running the BIOS update utility. The update utility reboots your system in order to get the new BIOS loaded.
Run the BIOS update utility from Windows environment
1. Double click the Icon on your desktop labeled GX280A03.EXE.
The Dell BIOS Flash window appears
2. Click the Continue button.
The message Pressing OK will close all applications, shut down Windows, Flash the BIOS, then reboot. appears.
3. Click the OK button.
The system will restart and the BIOS Flash will be completed.
Run the BIOS update utility from MS DOS environment (Non-Windows users)
NOTE:You will need to provide a bootable DOS diskette. This executable file does not create the MS DOS system files.
1. Copy the file GX280A03.EXE to a bootable floppy.
2. Boot from the floppy to the MS DOS prompt.
3. Run the file by typing Y:GX280A03.EXE (where y is the drive letter where the executable is located).
It is highly recommended to always use the most recent driver version available.
Do not forget to check with our site as often as possible in order to stay updated on the latest drivers, software and games.
Try to set a system restore point before installing a device driver. This will help if you installed a wrong driver. Problems can arise when your hardware device is too old or not supported any longer.