Dell OptiPlex GX270 System BIOS A03 Publisher's description
Dell OptiPlex GX270 System BIOS A03
Level of Importance: Optional
Dell recommends the customer review specifics about the update to determine if it applies to your system. The update contains changes that impact only certain configurations, or provides new features that may/may not apply to your environment.
Fixes and Enhancements
1. Updated CPU microcode to support latest CPUs.
2. Fixed possible issue with the auto-power-on WEEKDAYS function of SETUP.
3. Improved password handling in the BIOS update program.
4. Improved USB booting operations for USB devices.
5. Eliminate extra error messages and improved interrupt handling
for serial ATA drives.
6. Prevent issue modifying the Boot Sequence when certain ASSET tags are set.
7. Added support for new SIO SMSC.
8. Fixed issue in CDROM boot support that shows up when booting an ISOLINUX
distribution on a system with only RAID HDs.
9. Updated code to support additional Option ROMs.
10. Alter SMART error reporting.
The unpackaged file (GX270A03.EXE) can be used to flash the system BIOS from inside the Microsoft operating system.
WARNING. Do not turn the system power off during the flash update.
Note, Flashing the system from within the operating system is only supported in Microsoft Operating systems. Customers using Unix, Linux, Novell, or Solaris should create a DOS bootable diskette to copy this file to.
The file GX270A03.EXE is using the Hard Drive format and is designed to be directly executed from Windows environments.
1. Click Download now.
The Export Compliance Agreement appears.
2. Click Yes, I accept this Agreement.
The File Download window appears.
3. Click the Save button.
The Save As window appears.
4. Select Desktop using the drop-down menu to the right of Save in.
5. Click the Save button.
A progress meter moves as the download is completed.
6. If necessary, click X in the upper right-hand corner of the Download Progress Window to close it upon completion.
NOTE: Shut down all other applications prior to running the BIOS update utility. The update utility reboots your system in order to get the new BIOS loaded.
7. Double click the Icon on your desktop labeled GX270A03.EXE.
The Dell Bios Flash window appears
8. Click the Continue button.
The message Pressing OK will close all applications, shut down Windows, Flash the BIOS, then reboot. appears.
9. Click the OK button.
The system will restart and the Bios Flash will be completed.
Hard Drive Floppy Disk Creation for BR68527.exe
1. Get 1 blank, formatted floppy disks.
2. Click the new icon on the desktop. The Self-Extractor window appears.
3. Click Setup. An MS-DOS window appears with a message indicating that you need 1 floppy diskettes.
4. Press the [ENTER] key. A message appears prompting you to insert a blank floppy diskette. Insert a floppy disk into the floppy disk drive.
5. Press the [ENTER] key. A message appears indicating that all data on the disk will be erased.
6. Press the [y] key and then press the [ENTER] key. The files are copied to the floppy diskette. Once the files have been copied to the diskette a message appears prompting you to insert the second diskette.
7. Repeat steps 4 вЂ“ 6 until you reach the end of the diskette set.
8. After all the files have been copied to the last floppy disk, press the [ENTER] key and the MS-DOS window closes.
Floppy Disk Setup.exe
1. Insert the first disk of the set or the only disk.
2. Click Start and then click Run.
3. In the Open textbox, type a:setup.
4. Follow the on-screen instructions.