Dell OptiPlex 960 System BIOS A03 Publisher's description
Dell OptiPlex 960 System BIOS A03
Optiplex 960 System BIOS Version A03
Fixes and Enhancements
System: OptiPlex 960
Release Date: 02/17/2009
The following changes have been made to BIOS rev A02 to create A03
1.Update Intel ME firmware
- Fixed a vulnerability in which an ME-knowledgeable malicious user with local machine access could potentially exploit boundary errors in some ME application functions to gain control over those ME applications.
- Fixed a remote Denial of Service (DOS) vulnerability which a malicious user could potentially exploit to cause the reboot of a system running susceptible versions of Intel(R) Active Management Technology ( Intel(R) AMT).
2.Update Intel Video OPROM
3.Update Intel Memory Reference code
4.Update Intel TxT Module
5.Update BIOS embedded diagnostic utility
6.Add support for new TCM chip
7.Enhanced RTC wakeup capability
Custom Instructions for O960-A03.EXE:
Installation Instructions for the Universal (Windows/ DOS) format
1. Download file to Desktop
2. Use one of the methods below to flash the Bios.
* Run the BIOS update utility from Windows environment
* Run the BIOS update utility from DOS environment (Non-Windows users)
Download file to Desktop
The file O960-A03.EXE is using the Universal (Windows/ DOS) format and is designed to be directly executed from Windows environment.
1. Click Download now.
The File Download window appears.
2. Click the Save button.
The Save As window appears.
3. Select Desktop using the drop-down menu to the right of Save in.
4. Click the Save button.
A progress meter moves as the download is completed.
5. If necessary, click X in the upper right-hand corner of the Download Progress Window to close it upon completion.
NOTE: Shut down all other applications prior to running the BIOS update utility. The update utility reboots your system in order to get the new BIOS loaded.
Run the BIOS update utility from Windows environment
1. Double click the Icon on your desktop labeled O960-A03.EXE.
The Dell BIOS Flash window appears
2. Click the Continue button.
The message Pressing OK will close all applications, shut down Windows, Flash the BIOS, then reboot. appears.
3. Click the OK button.
The system will restart and the BIOS Flash will be completed.
Run the BIOS update utility from DOS environment (Non-Windows users)
NOTE: You will need to provide a bootable DOS USB key. This executable file does not create the DOS system files.
1. Copy the file O960-A03.EXE to a bootable USB key.
2. Boot from the floppy to the DOS prompt.
3. Run the file by typing Y:O960-A03.EXE (where y is the drive letter where the executable is located).
It is highly recommended to always use the most recent driver version available.
Do not forget to check with our site as often as possible in order to stay updated on the latest drivers, software and games.
Try to set a system restore point before installing a device driver. This will help if you installed a wrong driver. Problems can arise when your hardware device is too old or not supported any longer.