Dell OptiPlex 170L System BIOS A01 Publisher's description
Dell OptiPlex 170L System BIOS A01
Level of Importance: Optional
Dell recommends the customer review specifics about the update to determine if it applies to your system. The update contains changes that impact only certain configurations, or provides new features that may/may not apply to your environment.
The unpackaged file (D170LA01.EXE) can be used to flash the system BIOS from inside the Microsoft operating system.
WARNING. Do not turn the system power off during the flash update.
Note, Flashing the system from within the operating system is only supported in Microsoft Operating systems. Customers using Unix, Linux, Novell, or Solaris should create a DOS bootable diskette to copy this file to.
The file D170LA01.EXE is using the Hard Drive format and is designed to be directly executed from Windows environments.
1. Click Download now.
The File Download window appears.
2. Click the Save button.
The Save As window appears.
3. Select Desktop using the drop-down menu to the right of Save in.
4. Click the Save button.
A progress meter moves as the download is completed.
5. If necessary, click X in the upper right-hand corner of the Download Progress Window to close it upon completion.
NOTE: Shut down all other applications prior to running the BIOS update utility. The update utility reboots your system in order to get the new BIOS loaded.
7. Double click the Icon on your desktop labeled D170LA01.EXE.
The Dell Bios Flash window appears
8. Click the Continue button.
The message Pressing OK will close all applications, shut down Windows, Flash the BIOS, then reboot. appears.
9. Click the OK button.
The system will restart and the Bios Flash will be completed.
Floppy Disk Boot to Disk for BR69272.exe
1. Click Download Now, to download the file.
2. When the File Download window appears, click Save (Windows XP users will click Save) this program to disk and click OK. The Save In: window appears.
3. From the Save In: field, click the down arrow then click to select Desktop and click Save. The file will download to your desktop.
4. If the Download Complete window appears, click Close. The file icon appears on your desktop.
Hard Drive Floppy Disk Creation
1. Get 1 blank, formatted floppy disks.
2. Double-click the new icon (it looks like a floppy diskette) on the desktop. The Self-Extractor window appears.
3. Click Setup. An black MS-DOS window appears with a message
indicating that you need 1 floppy diskettes.
4. Press the [ENTER] key. A message appears prompting you to insert a blank floppy diskette.
5. Insert a floppy disk into the floppy disk drive.
6. Press the [ENTER] key. A message appears indicating that all data on the disk will be erased.
7. Press the [y] key and then press the [ENTER] key.
The files are copied to the floppy diskette. If the procedure requires more than one diskette, repeat steps 5 вЂ“ 7 until you reach the end of the diskette set.
8. After all the files have been copied to the last floppy disk, press the [ENTER] key and the MS-DOS window closes.
1. Insert the first (or the only) disk of the set into the Floppy
2. Click Start, click Shutdown, click Restart, and then click OK.
Windows XP Users need only click restart.
3. Follow the on-screen instructions.
It is highly recommended to always use the most recent driver version available.
Do not forget to check with our site as often as possible in order to stay updated on the latest drivers, software and games.
Try to set a system restore point before installing a device driver. This will help if you installed a wrong driver. Problems can arise when your hardware device is too old or not supported any longer.